Thursday, November 11, 2010

Shopping Continues!

My business is not exactly thriving but I have a customer who orders certain fixed amount of cut foliage from me weekly. Her weekly order is more than a few florists' orders added together.

The problem is every time I deliver those cut foliage to my customers, I will go to shopping centres or grocery shop after that. That means I will spend the money, if no more, that I have just received.

The only excuse I give myself is that I will need to buy those things no matter business transaction is done or not. At least I am not withdrawing money from ATM. Heh!

Excuse for buying: Buy 3 tins of MG 1.6kg FREE 1 pack o MG 600g. Need I say more?


Excuse to buy Ah Hong's Healthy Medicated Diets: My MIL likes to get cooking ideas from cookbook and this book contains a list of benefits of Chinese Herbs as well as nutrition of normal foods that we take for granted like black bean paste and fermented bean curd. (Ha! Ha! As if this is very important)

Excuse to buy Diet Therapy for Infants: I have been wanting to buy this book for a long time. The first time I saw this book was when Tao was a few months old. Still breastfed and never got sick. Tian had always been healthy and never even cough before going to pre-school. So I thought I had taken care of a child without needing this book so I probably would not need it. This book was at 20% discount today and I made a decision to buy it because the two kids had just recovered from cough, fever, flu a few weeks ago. If you read my posts before here and here, I prefer natural therapy for children instead of giving them multivitamins (even though from organics origin). This book contains recipes for children who are suffering from cough, constipation, nappy rash etc and the ingredients are natural foods like barley, red beans, chinese yam, fruits. I regret I did not buy this book sooner. I am not doing promotion for this book. I am just being a busybody to share the good points about this book and to justify buying it :)


Excuse to buy: Ermmm...... What can I say? I finished using my moisturizer and when I was buying Phytomilk for the kids at organics shop, I simply asked the shop owner types of organic moisturizer that she recommends. I was tempted by the ingredients like daisy, rosehips oil, avocado oil, evening primrose oil, green tea, essential oil etc instead of my normal moisturizer ingredients like glyceryl stearate, cyclomethicone, steareth-21, ethyparaben, isobutylparaben, propylparaben. Yikes! I read that parabens will disturb our endocrine system and it enters our bloodstream when rubbed onto our skin. Do you think this excuse is valid for buying organics (but more pricey) skincare?

No comments: