Friday, August 27, 2010

I have succumbed to nutritional supplements

I have never bought nutritional supplements because I do not trust the claims regarding the products. I do not feed my kids with nutritional supplements because I am worried some might be harmful to their liver.

Since Tian started pre-school, she started having flu and took forever to recover. Then the virus spreads to Tao who is always very cranky if she is not feeling well. Since last week, my MIL has been suggesting for me to buy some 'cod's liver oil' for the kids. I am doubtful about the ingredients used since most companies are profit-oriented and will not be so ethical to ensure quality and safety of ingredients used. However, I told her I will get something for the kids today.

This morning, I went to the shop selling organic products that I usually go to buy phytomilk powder and foods for the kids and bought RM309 worth of products! I think my hubby will faint when I tell him tonight.

I bought 2 bottles of Liquid Multivitamin (from Salus-Haus, Germany) for the kids (cheaper to buy 2). The shop owner recommended for me to buy Oligo Cal-Plus, Oligo Enzyme (from Oasis Herbs) and Natural C (from NHF) due to I am having phlemy flu for many days that I am not able to smell anymore.



I hope the kids will get flu and cough lesser after taking this multivitamins and will not spread to me anymore so that we do not have to depend on supplements. I still prefer to eat natural foods anytime. I will update on the results after taking these supplements.

No comments: