Thursday, August 26, 2010

Teething Nightmare

I notice Tao has been gumming on her fingers these few days and suspect that she must be teething again. Her incisors started erupting in 8th months and all eight completed their appearance when she turned one.

She became very cranky and when I checked on her gum yesterday, I saw all 4 canine teeth areas were whitish. It must be very painful to have all 4 canines erupting at once. She woke up crying yesterday night and was inconsolable. She would put both her pointer fingers into her mouth and gummed at her fingers.

Every children is different. Everytime when Tian (elder daughter) was teething, we would not even know until we noticed new teeth in her mouth. She started sleeping through the night before she turned 6 months old. We could easily go travelling and bring Tian with us because she could sleep as we carry her.

She was such an easy baby that we decided to have a second baby so soon, thinking that the most difficult period to take care of a baby is only the first 4 months. Having Tao really changed my mind and I started telling people every baby is different (even siblings) in their temperaments.

We do love Tao, especially her grandparents. They give in to her demand (to the extend I think they are spoiling her) even though they grumble about her demanding attitute occasionally. I think it is because Tao resembles my hubby and his sister more and it makes them see their children in this granddaughter.

Note: Tao called her dad 'pa pa' when he came back from work and she made him so happy.

No comments: