Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I miss my confinement period

Most people thought that I was crazy when I told them I enjoyed my confinements a lot. That was because I was being pampered like an 'empress'. I had my confinement lady, my mum and my parents-in-law to help out and they had unspoken job delegation.

1) Confinement Lady: Cooked confinement food (breakfast, tea time-missed if I had late breakfast, lunch, tea time, dinner, supper), helped out with baby (bath, changing diapers, feeding milk (formula and expressed milk etc)), slaughtered chicken (yes, we bought live chicken and the auntie would slaughter the chicken and cook it immediately so that I could have fresh chicken), washing baby and my clothes, boiling red dates drink, preparing herbal water for taking bath.

2) My Mum: Helped to take care of the baby when confinement lady was busy so that I did not have to touch cold water to clean baby's bum, helped feeding baby and washing my pump for expressing milk. When baby no.2 came, my mum also helped to entertain elder girl, Tian so that she would not disturb me.

3) My parents-in-law: Helped to buy food for the family and for me like pigs' stomach, liver, kidney, chicken, kampung eggs, pomfret fish, additional Chinese herbs etc.

4) My job: Tried to express milk as much as possible for the baby before she learned how to suckle. I took care of the baby at night but my mum and confinement lady would take care of the baby from morning around 7:00am until baby slept at night around 9:30pm.

I had a lot of rest but I did not treasure the time I should be resting. I kept on reading magazines and surf net when my mum asked me to rest my eyes.

I will be writing some posts regarding confinement as a record for future references in case my sister or friends need them.

No comments: