Saturday, January 1, 2011

Second Trip to Desaru Beach

We went to Desaru Beach (again) on the Sunday after Christmas as MIL requested to bring SIL and her sons for the outing. I was quite apprehensive because it would not be easy to take care of 4 kids (some demanding, some whiny, some naughty etc). Another reason that I was quite reluctant to go was that I needed to drive a separate car to fetch SIL and her sons.

As expected, I heard a lot of, 'Are we there yet?' and whining, which did not spoil my mood as much as what happened on the way back.

We reached beach and the weather was awesome. Clear skies and beautiful waves! The kids were having a great time.







We had lots of foods (mostly prepared by MIL) and ice-cream bought from the ice-cream vendor. My girls enjoyed the sands more than the sea though.

On the way back, I was driving ahead of hubby although I was not very familiar with the road but I thought I could follow the road sign like normally when I drive alone. But I left out one factor. Demanding kids! Within 10 minutes after we left a petrol station for a toilet break, I heard a request for toilet again. For goodness sake!! I needed to take note of a correct right turn but the 7 yo requested for a stop at a petrol station which would be on the left side. I told him to wait while I search for petrol station and he started making angry hissing sound and mumbled words under his breath. Obviously, I missed the right turn home and I had no choice but to drive ahead for a petrol station. Luckily for me, the kid went to the toilet and I managed to make a U-turn and proceeded to the correct junction.

I was annoyed (seething with anger, to be exact) and decided to end the day early. I called hubby to go directly to a restaurant for dinner instead of going home, bath kids etc and going out again.

The 7 yo said, 'I want to go home and take bath first' due to he wetted his pants a bit when holding his urine. I told him to bear with it as we were only having a quick dinner and would go home straight away. He began to cry. Luckily, there was a spare shorts otherwise I thought I would be requested to make a turn back home. Phew!

Have you been in similar situation above? You are not the mum but still need to persuade the kid to behave and listen to elders. It would have been a lot easier if it was my kid. A smack would have settled it all.

I could not say my kids were on their best behaviour either. Tian accidentally kicked a whole lump of sand into a container of half eaten 'fried bee hoon'. I was not there to witness this so I could only reprimand her when she told me what happened. If I were there and the adults had warned her not to kick the sands but she still did, she would definitely be smacked.

2 comments:

suituapui said...

Kids will be kids... Have to be understanding and tolerant and patient. Hopefully, things will get better when they grow bigger. Mine did..., thank goodness. Was a real handful when small...

Yi Ling said...

Thanks for dropping by. Sometimes I can't wait for my kids to grow up but I always remind myself to savor all stages of their growth. Kids now are even more handful than my generation.