Thursday, September 2, 2010

Craft-ing Session!

Tian always wants to seek for my attention when I am doing my work at my laptop. She will try tracing dots or colouring but will end up asking me to do it with her.

Last Saturday, I thought of making lantern with her. I prepared the materials for her and she spent quite some time (without me) trying to glue pieces of papers onto the toilet roll.
Prepare materials as below.
1 toilet roll
1 piece of blank paper cut to the size to wrap around the toilet roll
Some coloured paper cut into different shapes (Use old magazines to be more environment friendly)
Scissors
Glue
Straw (Those bigger in diameter type used for drinking tea/ beverages with starchy pearls)
Any string for tying onto the straw

Step 1.
Apply glue and wrap blank paper onto toilet roll.

Step 2.
Depending on your kids' age, you might need to cut out different shapes from coloured papers for your kid. Kids who are able to handle scissors can be encouraged to do the cutting.

Step 3.
Let your kids glue the pieces of papers onto the toilet roll.

Step 4.
Make two holes opposite each other at top of the roll. Make a small cut at the straw for tying the toilet roll.



No comments: