Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tian's First Drawing

Tian is 3 years and 4 months old. I have never seen her taking any initiative to write or draw although she has been to her pre-school for one semester.

As I was working on my lap top just now, she was beside me mumbling away and I did not pay attention on what she was doing. Then she showed me this and told me a story.
This is a happy girl like me. I have hair, eyes, nose, mouth, arms and legs.

This is a sad girl. She is crying because she does not have mum and dad. She stays in an orphanage. She is unhappy and that's why she does not have any hair.

I was quite surprised. This is a very simple drawing but I have never seen her draw anything except scribbling on her colouring books and I have long given up hope on her artistic ability. I now really understand that I need to let her learn at her own pace and not to force anything on her.

No comments: