Thursday, December 2, 2010

My First Gardening Attempt

Hubby and his partner bought a lot of Podocarpus Macrophyllus, called Luo Han Song or Buddhist Pine locally and planted them randomly around their plantation. It is regarded as feng shui plant in Chinese community recently and its market value increases as it matures.

There were hundreds of leftover plants that they left under a shade due to the reason that there were no space to plant. Hubby has not organised his worker to move the plants to bigger bags for them to grow properly. What a waste!

Last week, I saw huge flower pots for sale at Giant and bought 4 of them. I asked hubby to bring home a few plants as I planned to plant some. One of my florist customer told me that I could display some plants at her shop and she could help to sell off to interested buyers. However, I did not plan to sell them yet as such small plants would not be able to fetch much value.

Yesterday, I transferred the plants from their tiny bags to pots with my MIL's help and advice. That was the first time I attempted gardening and it was not because of interest but as a form of 'investment'. Haha.

Huge pots with ample space for growth without having to transfer to bigger pots in 1 to 2 years



No comments: