Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sharing

I was at KFC with Tian, MIL, SIL and her 7 yo and 4 yo sons. I promised them a treat at KFC to stop them from whining all the time when we were trying to shop.

I ordered a large french fries among other foods and divided them among the 3 kids. Then I saw Tian leaving most of her fries on her plate, I asked her if she was full and to share some with her cousins. She said OK. I took most of her fries and put them on the 4 yo's plate, expecting them to share out. The 7 yo began to grab from the plate and 4 yo refused to share with him. The fighting began!

To our surprise, Tian took all the leftover fries from her plate and gave them to her cousins. I just love her attitute. Either she is really caring or she has enough confidence that we will provide her enough when she needs anything.

Earlier when we were shopping, the 4 yo was whining and Tian simply took a brochure from our trolley to 'entertain' him. She was imitating what we did when our 1 yo Tao was crying. The way she did was cute. She took the brochure for her 4 yo cousin and said, 'Neh! Give you to see. See, this is pretty etc.' Imagine a 3 yo consoling a 4 yo. I am so proud of her.

No comments: