Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Seaching for Extinct Hardware

As mentioned in my previous post, I have to submit PCB (Potongan Cukai Berjadual or Monthly Tax Deductions) to LHDN (Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri) for employees. I have to key in information of employees into provided software and output into a diskette (We have stopped using diskette eons ago!!) and bring to the bank for payment.

Last month, I submitted the cheque and completed form by post to LHDN in KL as advised by the staff that we had to do manual submission for the first time. Early this month, I began to hunting for below 'dinosaur' at shops selling computer hardware.



The owner of the shop thought I was a teacher as she mentioned only schools were still using diskette drive

I did not managed to buy diskettes from the computer shop as the owner mentioned that their supplier does not supply them anymore. Luckily I managed to get a good friend of mine to get me two diskettes. Thanks, you know who you are :)

My only 2 diskettes for PCB submission purpose


3 comments:

sting said...

oh they still use diskette?!? hmmm, they should really consider changing soon coz most computers these days don't come with disk drive anymore! Good thing you found one :-)

Yi Ling said...

Hi,
Thanks for dropping by.
It's such a coincidence that our kids are almost the same age and we have resigned from our jobs to take care of our kids.
Let's hope we can enjoy 'motherhood' better this way.

Yi Ling said...

Hi,
Thanks for dropping by.
It's such a coincidence that our kids are almost the same age and we have resigned from our jobs to take care of our kids.
Let's hope we can enjoy 'motherhood' better this way.