Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Donating Stuff to Orphanage

I went for breakfast on Sunday with my girls and hubby and there was a small sized road show for parents and kids. There were singing competition, colouring competition, story telling etc. I noticed there was an area for recycling organized by an orphanage nearby. I did not even know there was an orphanage near my house and I had never heard my friends talking about it as well. It showed how uncaring this society had become.

After lunch, I gathered my bags of old clothes and boxes of old magazines and asked hubby to fetch me to pass my stuff to the recycling committee. When I reached there, they told me it was only until 12:00pm and gave me the address to pass my stuff directly to the orphanage. It took me more than half an hour to find it.

I passed my old clothes and magazines to them. They thanked me and I had to resist the temptation to check my stuff again to ensure I really do not need them anymore. I told myself, 'For Goodness Sake! You packed these stuff more than 1 year ago and never needed to retrieve any item. Just let go and you will find space for newer things to come.'

So I said good bye to them and left, feeling good about myself. I educated Tian about orphanage and how lucky she was to have mum and dad who loved and cared about her.

I plan to do more spring cleaning and de-cluttering these coming weeks.

No comments: