Monday, May 13, 2013

Tao says ...

My second girl, Tao thinks very logically and she will apply whatever we tell her into different situations.
Below is one of her conversations with my mum when she discouraged Tao from sleeping on her bed when she was here to visit us.

Grandma: Tao, you have to sleep on your mattress on the floor. You cannot sleep on my bed.
Tao: Why?
Grandma: If you sleep on the bed and fall down, you will knock on your head and will not be clever anymore. Then you will not be able to get number 1 position in your class.
Tao: OK, that means next time if I get number 2 in my exams, I must have knocked on my head already.
Grandma: *rolls with laughter*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids. So candid, speak their minds. So cute! Make sure they do not lose that when they go to school - somehow, students these days - memorise and excel in exams, that's all they do...and they lose the ability to think and speak spontaneously and critically.

Yi Ling said...

Yes. I was surprised to know that some children in kindergarten in Sibu go for tuition. I don't like to drill my girls in their studies. I prefer to let them learn their lessons in school and I teach them other things at home. Doing craft, drawing, coloring, reading story books, playing dough, playing sand, role playing etc.
Their kindy does not let them bring their books home except when there are homework to do. So whatever results they get from their exams are judged from what they have learned in kindy.