Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!


I decorated the above yesterday. I bought all the flowers and leaves from Singapore, shopping centres and florists.


'Hakka Phoon Choi' was one of the dishes cooked by MIL. This required lots of layering of several seafood (prawn, abalone, sea cucumber), dried seafood (dried scallop, dried oyster, fish maw), bacon, duck, mushrooms, Chinese cabbage, yam, broccoli.


I wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

3 comments:

Giff said...

Happy New Year to you and family. That floral arrangement is nice :) Notice there's 8 flowers altogether. Did you learn floral arrangement? I've always wanted to learn but with two kids, time is probably a little on the tight side. The phoon choi looked very delicious.

Isaac Tan said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

isaactan.net

Yi Ling said...

Happy New Year to you & family too.
No, I did not learn floral arrangement but I 'stole' ideas here and there when I visit florists. He he!
My MIL is a very good cook that relatives from hubby's side will flock to our house to taste her delicious dishes. Poor her! She needed to cook the whole day during CNY that we request her not to cook so much and tire herself out coming new year.